RMRI have significant experience in preparing Safety Cases and similar studies for various types of offshore and onshore assets worldwide.
Since the implementation of the recommendations of Lord Cullen’s Report of the Public Inquiry into the Piper Alpha Disaster the requirement to prepare and submit a Safety Case has been adopted into legislation in many other countries and across other industries.
We offer a comprehensive service for the analysis, preparation and presentation of Safety Cases for major hazard industries. When developing a Safety Case we tailor our approach to the specific requirements of the industry and asset in adherence with applicable legislation, regulations and corporate standards.
In addition to preparing technical Safety Cases we also:
- prepare supporting technical safety studies, such as QRAs;
- apply our knowledge and expertise to perform updates accounting for major modifications;
- provide support in discussions with the regulatory body during development of the Safety Case and in responding to any queries raised following review of the submitted Safety Case;
- ensure a high-level of workforce involvement in Safety Case development and review;
- present Safety Case-related information in a user-friendly web-based environment to promote understanding;
- coordinate and facilitate Safety Case Thorough Reviews; and
- prepare notifications of proposed combined operations with an installation for submission to the HSE.
“Your professional approach to turn around a quality safety case in a short time frame has resulted in a continued positive relationship with the HSE and a successful outcome.” HSEQ Manager, Centrica