Making well-informed decisions is paramount for organisations seeking to navigate the complex terrain of energy transition and decarbonisation. Every choice in the realm of energy transition has profound implications, not only for your business but for the environment and society as a whole. But, decisions need to be made under tight time constraints if national and international targets are to be achieved and most progress can probably be made by focusing on decarbonisation where there are already viable and operating technologies. It is important to be equipped with the knowledge, strategies and tools to make wise choices.
DCarb-Decisions is a strategic framework or approach for making decisions related to the deployment and scaling of decarbonising technologies. It involves assessing and determining how to effectively use technologies that are either already proven to work, have high technology readiness levels, or have the potential for improvement and wider deployment to reduce carbon emissions and promote sustainability. Focusing on viable decarbonising technologies accelerates the transition to a more sustainable and low-carbon future. The specific strategies and considerations may vary depending on the context and the technologies involved.
- Technology Assessment: Evaluating decarbonising technologies based on their readiness level, performance and potential for impact. This assessment helps in identifying which technologies are suitable for deployment.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis: Conducting a thorough analysis of the economic and environmental benefits of deploying these technologies, including factors such as cost savings, emissions reductions and long-term sustainability.
- Scaling Strategies: Developing strategies for scaling up the deployment of chosen technologies, which may involve considerations like infrastructure development, investment planning and regulatory compliance.
- Risk Mitigation: Identifying potential risks and challenges associated with the deployment of decarbonising technologies and developing mitigation plans to address them.
- Policy and Regulatory Compliance: Ensuring that the deployment aligns with relevant policies and regulations related to decarbonisation and sustainability.
- Innovation and Research: Exploring opportunities to improve and expand upon existing technologies through innovation and research, with an aim to make them even more effective and scalable.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Involving relevant stakeholders, such as government agencies, industry partners and local communities, in the decision-making process to garner support and cooperation.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Implementing mechanisms to monitor the performance and impact of deployed technologies and making adjustments as needed for continuous improvement.
RMRI has undertaken wide research and assessment on this domain of technologies considering current viability of operating and available technologies, potential changes to improve performance and the implications of such in future carbon management programmes. Our team has the knowledge and capability to advise and recommend the most appropriate strategies.
For further information about RMRI or how we can help you manage your risks and decision making, please contact us.